For the ladies who relax their hair - have you ever noticed that when it is one week away from doing a touch up your scalp decides to rebel? Well that was my scalp this past weekend. I had every intention of relaxing my hair at 12 weeks post, but my scalp rebelled. So I decided to wait another week before I apply my relaxer.
Here are some things I do to make sure I have a good relaxer experience:
- Avoid irritating my scalp,
- Limit combing to every 2-3 days,
- Moisturize with more product than usual,
- Two days before relaxer application, thoroughly detangle hair especially at the roots, and
- One day before application, lightly spray a liquid moisturizer on my roots to soften them. This makes parting my hair during application easier. My roots dry completely before I apply the relaxer.
Here are some pictures of my air-dried new growth.
New growth un-stretched
New growth stretched